So if you’ve been surfing the net, there’s this little show called Mobile World Congress happening right now. So was there anything exciting going on? Well if you look at all the stuff shown at Engadget or Gizmodo or other tech site, the answer is a surprising no. Nothing that hasn’t been shown before.
Most notable things:
- dual-core chips are in this year with quad-cores being the norm next year.
- Meego might not be dead after all.
- Verizon doesn’t care for Windows Phone 7 (That’ll change look at the iPhone)
- Motorola doesn’t care for Windows Phone 7 either
- tablets are getting more powerful and better (why even bother with the iPad2)
- Android and Honeycomb will merge into phone eventually
- tablets are gonna be hell expensive think $800+
- No Nokia Windows Phone 7 on display.
Yeah, nothing too wowing about it. There’s no head turners this year. All the phones are looking the same, android looks dated, and we don’t have dates for when the Nokia WP7 comes out. Yup, I want my Nokia WP7 phone goddammit. One thing I do like are some of the promotional videos. Check these videos out for the LG Optimus 3D phone and the LG Optimus Pad (G-Slate).